About the Bohemia River
The Bohemia River watershed is 35,369 acres. Great Bohemia Creek originates near Middletown, Delaware and Little Bohemia Creek near Warwick, Maryland. Together they form the Bohemia River, which in turn merges with the Elk River before flowing into the Chesapeake Bay.
Everyone has an impact on their watershed; there are some easy steps you can take to make your impact as positive as can be.
Now let's Work
About Reducing Your Impact
1. Don't litter
2. Pick up any trash you see
3. Reduce fertilizer, herbicide and pesticide use
4. Plant bird and insect friendly native plants
5. Leave wild areas on your property
6. Don't mow to the stream or river edge: leave a vegetated buffer
7. Maintain and update your septic system when needed
8. If you know of a stream or shoreline area with problems, help out or let us know.
It's Up to Us
To Make a Difference
Friends of the Bohemia, Inc.
PO Box 506, Chesapeake City, MD 21915
(443) 566-3513 | FriendsoftheBohemia@gmail.com
© 2017 - 2022 Friends of the Bohemia, Inc. All rights reserved